I'm thankful that:
- we have a hospital literally 5 minutes drive away
- there was no-one else in the waiting room
- they were able to monitor her oxygen levels and determine that, when calm, she was getting the oxygen she needs
- they were happy to take a monitoring approach
- E was able to sleep a bit while we were there
- the nurses were so kind and thoughtful (although I did have to ask them to leave us alone when they were so intent on 'cheering' E up - poor thing was tired and terrified of all these people wiggling toys/balloons in her face. But they meant well!)
- there was zero cost. Didn't even ask for our medicare or insurance cards, despite being a private hospital.
- that PH was home for Monday morning and could look after P while E and I caught up on some sleep
I'm also thankful for children who are normally healthy and well. It's not something I take for granted.